This project is read-only.

EWSEditor Exchange2010 SP3 Support

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:20 PM
When I open EWSEditor (I have the March Release) There is not an option for Exchange2010_SP3. There are selections for SP1, SP2 but not SP3... will it work with SP3 using SP2?
Mar 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM
yes I was able to open a mailbox on SP3 server and open inbox folder. I did not go in detail to check though.

-Jack
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Exchange Web Services is designed with request/response schemas so that a client which specifies a version should not have to worry about the server version. Basically if you ask for Exchange2010_SP2 then the server, even if it is SP3 or Exchange 2013, should behave like 2010 SP2. The value that is behind this in the EWS API is documented further at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb891876(v=exchg.150).aspx and is exposed through the Managed API via the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeVersion enum that is passed to the ExchangeService Constructor.

You can see how this is used in EWSEditor in source file: https://ewseditor.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#EWSEditor/Exchange/EwsProxyFactory.cs.

One final point is that we sometimes don't have a need to increment the schema version for SP releases, so Exchange2010_SP2 is the appropriate value for targeting Exchange 2010 SP2 and SP3, as documented in the XML element reference.

Hope that helps!
Mar 21, 2014 at 2:26 AM
jdp2007 - it's good to know that you were able to open an inbox on SP3... I don't have an SP3 box up and running yet.

rickh - thanks so much I have gone to look at the ode and the XML element reference is a huge help... I'm still working on understanding the code... I'm on my second pass through Sterling's book (ok there are a bunch of authors but he's listed first). Hopefully I'll figure it all out.

I need more time with the code, but I have inherited a production system that seems to have a lot of expectations it's not meeting.

Thank you both.

/gb