This project is read-only.

Problems loading email message > 64k

Apr 9, 2014 at 4:48 PM
EWSEditor has been invaluable to me in helping with a project I'm working on. We're using the Java EWS Api to read mail from an Exchange server.

We're having trouble retrieving the email message body when it is greater than about 64k. Regardless of the total size of the mimecontent and regardless of the size of any attachments, if the email text is greater than about 64k, things hang when trying to retrieve the Body.

While using EWSEditor to figure out this situation, I see that EWSEditor is definitely handling this situation differently, so there is something about it that I don't understand. Here are some screeshots to explain

Here is an example of a normal email where the Body property can be see in the lower half of the screen. This email is 66099 bytes

The following example is just a few bytes longer, 66142. This seems to be where it starts behaving different. In this case, the Body is not shown.

But if I double click on the blank area where the body should be. EWSEditor then retrieves it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Peter
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2014 at 5:27 PM
I cannot see the images you posted - they are not showing on Codeplex's review page.
I've not heard of this issue before - seems odd.